- December 26, 2015
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Child Custody Attorney, Child Support, Child Support Attorney, Divorce, Divorce Attorney, Family Court, Family Law Attorney, Orange County Divorce Attorney, Orange Divorce
HOW FAST CAN YOU GET CHILD SUPPORT IN CALIFORNIA
Generally speaking, it takes around 2 months to get court orders for child support. The process works
1) You must fill out all the paperwork and file it with the court, including a declaration and an income
and expense declaration, then
2) When you get the papers back from the clerk (after filing), then you must serve those papers,
including a blank Responsive Declaration, on the other side, then
3) You must wait for the hearing date which usually takes about 6 weeks, then
4) You go into court and argue your side of the case. After which, the judge makes orders.
If you are unmarried and just seeking child support orders from the other parent of your child, then
those support orders are semi-permanent, which means they remain in place until they are changed by
If you are going through divorce, then the court orders are temporary orders. Those court orders are
temporarily and remain in place until trial, or until you submit a judgment at the end of your divorce
process. The amount of child support you will receive, or pay if you are the payor of child support, will
depend on many factors. You can read more about it these factors on here.
If you are in Orange County and need help with a child support case, or have related questions, call us at (714) 730-0111 for a free consultation.