Legal Assistant With Family Law Experience Needed
Pinkham & Associates in Orange County is seeking a Legal Assistant to join its legal team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the area of divorce and family, preferably having worked with reputable family law firms in the past.
We are looking for someone who can enhance attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options, tracking ongoing cases, and support the attorneys’ trial proceedings.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files, monitoring calendars, and documenting actions
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case, scheduling depositions, preparing and filing discovery requests, and generating status reports
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences, preparing pleadings, and organizing materials for team case review
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence, preparing exhibits, scheduling witnesses, and taking courtroom notes
- Legal administration skills
- Research and reporting skills
- Communication and computer skills
- Planning and attention to detail
- Client relationship handling
- Dependability and client confidentiality
A competitive compensation package with additional benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
Pinkham & Associates is a dedicated Divorce and Family Law firm in Orange County CA. We have been in practice for twenty years. We focus on all areas of divorce and family law, including child support, child custody & visitations, spousal support, domestic violence, divorce mediation, and various other more subtle areas.
Pinkham & Associates is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a diverse work environment with career growth opportunities for the deserving candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year